Vet Hospital Partnership FAQ’s
What does Heavenly Paws Pet Aquamation require for partnership and free round trip transport services to my hospital?
- Heavenly Paws asks that each end-of-life case is offered the option of Heavenly Paws Pet Aquamation’s service. This can be as simple as adding Heavenly Paws to the release form clients are already completing.
Does Heavenly Paws Require exclusive partnerships?
- No. Some of our vet partners choose to offer Aquamation only, but many others prefer to provide multiple options to their clients. Heavenly Paws believes in open, transparent aftercare and feels with all of the options in our community each pet parent should have choices.
How do I describe Aquamation to my clients?
- “In an Aquamation service your pet will be placed into an alkali bath consisting of the salts from the earth that would help their body breakdown if buried naturally. You will receive more of your pet’s ashes and Aquamation is an eco-friendly alternative to traditional cremation.”
Do you provide communal services?
- Yes, please contact us for current veterinary communal service pricing.
How quickly will Heavenly Paws pickup a deceased pet from my hospital?
- We always endeavor to provide same day pickup during our M-F business hours. If the service call is made before noon, we guarantee same day pick up. If the service call is made after noon the pick up may be the following day (M-F).
What is Heavenly Paws’ turnaround time for ashes delivered back to my hospital?
- About one full week. For example, if a deceased pet is picked up on a Tuesday, the ashes will be delivered by EOD the following Wednesday. This timeline may vary based on the memorial items chosen, whether the body is frozen at pick up, and/or holidays.
Pet Aquamation White Papers
“The first technical advance in decades for the after-life arrangement of pet remains is now available…It follows then, that it is also the ethical responsibility of veterinarians to offer [Aquamation].”
Kent Kruse, DVM – Trends – Alkaline Hydrolysis
“When faced with the overwhelming evidence of the sustainability of this process over flame based cremation and the level of care provided by [Heavenly Paws Pet Aquamation] I realized that as a responsible practitioner I had to at least offer my clients a choice.”
Greg Helton, DVM – Implementation of Alkaline Hydrolysis in the Veterinary Hospital
What is Aquamation?
Aquamation is the trade name for a process called Alkaline Hydrolysis. Simply put, it’s a more gentle and environmentally friendly water-based pet cremation service. The pet’s remains are gently placed into an alkali bath where natural decomposition is accelerated through the use of heat, salt and alkalinity yielding the same ash received from conventional cremation.
- Because the process is gentler, ~20% more of the pet’s ashes are returned.
- Because the process is more eco-friendly, pollution is eliminated. On average every 20th pet served saves 1 US ton of greenhouse gas emissions. Heavenly Paws Pet Aquamation has saved over 400,000 tons as of 2020.
- The Aquamation service itself lasts ~24 hours. Depending on the size of the pet receiving disposition via Aquamation, it may take anywhere from 24-72+ hours to naturally dry the ashes before they are ready to be returned.
Pet Cremation vs. Aquamation Ash Comparison
Why Choose Heavenly Paws?
- Heavenly Paws Pet Aquamation has consistently provided top-tier, transparent, customer focused aftercare since 2015.
- Save your client’s money on transportation fees when you simply offer Heavenly Paws to each end-of-life case. Adding Heavenly Paws to your release form is enough for partnership and free round trip transport.
- Heavenly Paws understands a partnership with your hospital represents an extension of your practice. A partnership affecting long-term client retention and your industry reputation. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of customer service and integrity to ensure all our veterinary clients and their patients feel at ease and comforted knowing the pets in our care are served respectfully.
- Whether you choose to offer Heavenly Paws as your sole aftercare provider or give your clients a choice, your clients will be grateful you have their pet’s best interest in mind. We guarantee offering Aquamation will strengthen the bond with your clients.
- Simple, transparent pricing for your hospital and the pet parent. No hidden fees, no surprises.
- Discounted staff and vet Aquamation services for veterinary partners.
- Sharps service available
- More than 9 of 10 pet parents choose pet Aquamation when presented the option
- No tin cans…ever. Every individual service is returned with a paw print
- Option to add Paw Prints for your patients receiving communal service; either case-by-case or for each case.
- Thoughtful, beautiful presentations. No more tin cans in paper bags.
Contact us today to schedule a facility tour or begin the conversation. We’re proud to partner with Atlanta’s best veterinary hospitals!
6990 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Peachtree Corners, GA 30071