All of us, at Heavenly Paws, are lifelong pet owners and understand the loss of a loved one can be emotionally devastating.
The loyal companionship and unconditional love our pets provide give them a unique place in our lives and it’s natural to grieve over such a loss. Your pet is a member of your family, and when a loss occurs, we experience intense feelings of grief and sadness, much like when a human family member dies.
The loss of a beloved pet, like the loss of any family member or friend, can cause physical and emotional changes that may last for weeks or months. You may consider participating in a pet loss support group to help you through this difficult time.
Though, we can not bring back our loved ones, we do have comfort in knowing they are waiting for us.
The Association of Pet Loss and Bereavement www.aplb.org provides online support and discussion.
Pet Loss Grief Support www.petloss.com provides chat-room, loss support and discussion groups.
Loss Support Hotline:
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) Pet loss support program hotline: Phone (877) 474-3310
Loss Support Literature:
- Bill at Rainbow Bridge – Dan Carrison
- Grieving the Death of a Pet – Betty J. Carmack
- Goodbye, Friend: Healing Wisdom for Anyone Who Has Ever Lost a Pet – Gary Kowalski
- When only the Love Remains: The Pain of Pet Loss – Emily Margaret Stuparyk
Loss Support Literature for Children
- When a Pet Dies – Fred Rogers
- The Rainbow Bridge: A Visit to Pet Paradise – Adrian Raeside
- The Goodbye Book – Todd Parr
Reach out to us if you’re in need of aquamation services for your pet.