P: 678-995-9520 Fax: 470-777-2543
We encourage veterinarians to reflect on a few questions surrounding their hospital's practices when approaching end-of-life and afterlife care:
1. Is your hospital a place for healing or a place for end-of-life?
2. From your pet parent's perspective, how would you feel about a vet hospital who embraced end-of-life care as a specialty service to be referred out in order to make death beautiful and peaceful?
a. How many clients have you lost after a euthanasia because of their inability to see you or your hospital again? Is one too many?
3. How would you feel if you learned your grandfather's, mother's, or brother's hospital only endorsed a wholesale crematory and/or refused to work with any other facilities to protect their profit on death?
a. Would you trust a doctor making life and death decisions knowing they are profiting off the death outside the clinical implications?
4. How would you feel if you learned there were options for aftercare you weren't made aware of because your trusted doctor was either padding their profit margins or afraid to change an antiquated conversation?
"The first technical advance in decades for the after-life arrangement of pet remains is now available...It follows then, that it is also the ethical responsibility of veterinarians to offer [Aquamation]."
Kent Kruse, DVM - Trends - Alkaline Hydrolysis
"When faced with the overwhelming evidence of the sustainability of this process over flame based cremation and the level of care provided by [Heavenly Paws Pet Aquamtion] I realized that as a responsible practitioner I had to at least offer my clients a choice."
Greg Helton, DVM - Implementation of Alkaline Hydrolysis in the Veterinary Hospital
What is Aquamation?
Aquamation is the trade name for a process called Alkaline Hydrolysis. Simply put, it's a more gentle and environmentally friendly water-based pet cremation service. The pet's remains are gently placed into an alkali bath where natural decomposition is accelerated through the use of heat, salt and alkalinity yeilding the same ash received from conventional cremation.
- Because the process is gentler, ~20% more of the pet's ashes are returned.
- Because the process is more eco-friendly, pollution is eliminated. Every 5th pet served saves enough fuel to drive across the USA.
- The Aquamation service itself lasts ~24 hours. Depending on the size of the pet receiving disposition via Aquamation, it may take anywhere from 24-72+ hours to naturally dry the ashes before they are ready to be returned.
Pet Cremation vs. Pet Aquamation Ash Comparison
Why Choose Heavenly Paws?
- Heavenly Paws Pet Aquamation is the highest rated and fastest growing afterlife care provider in Georgia
- Vet Partners pay same rates whether exclusive or non-exclusive - Our vision for this industry is one of transparency and honesty
- Heavenly Paws understands a partnership with your hospital represents an extension of your practice. A partnership affecting long-term client retention and your industry reputation. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of customer service and integrity to ensure all our veterinary clients and their patients feel at ease and comforted knowing the pets in our care are served respectfully.
- Whether you choose to offer Heavenly Paws as your sole aftercare provider or give your clients a choice, your clients will be grateful you have their pet's best interest in mind. We guarantee offering Aquamation will strengthen the bond with your clients.
- Simple, transparent pricing for your hospital and the pet parent. No hidden fees, no surprises.
- Discounted staff and vet Aquamation services for veterinary partners.
- Sharps service available
- More than 9 of 10 pet parents choose Aquamation when given the option
- No tin cans...ever. Every individual service is returned with a paw print.
- Thoughtful, beautiful presentations. No more tin cans in paper bags.
Contact us today to schedule a facility tour or practice assessment. We're proud to partner with Atlanta's best veterianary hospitals!
6990 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Peachtree Corners, GA 30071